How to wear all black clothes without looking boring ? Well, it´s not that difficult ! And Coco Chanel would for sure agree on that statement !
That black, really, makes everyone look amazing. Coco Chanel said it best: “Women think of all colors except the absence of color. I have said that black has it all. … [Its] beauty is absolute. It is the perfect harmony.”
Black is elegant and chic; black is slimming; black looks good on all skin tones; black looks good with all hair colors; black looks as good on men as it does on women.
However there are some rules in the styling to make your all black ensemble look amazing and not boring.
Here are some tips on how to wear all black clothes :
1. Vary the fabrics and textures. Nothing looks dowdier than an all-black outfit that is all cotton…
2. On the fabric note, make sure the fabric selection is season appropriate. A black wool dress will look fabulous in the fall, but out-of-place during the summer. Silk and linen make it easier to pull off the all-black look during the warmer months.
3. When putting together a black-on-black, fit becomes even more important. Take advantage of the fact that black is slimming and have the clothes be more fitted and flattering, rather than shapeless and drab.
4. Add interest with accessories. Bold, colorful jewelry becomes the statement piece of your outfit. For me, colored stiletto heels are the go-to shoe with any black on black outfit but this time I enhanced the total black with my little pink purse.
5. Make your outfit more dressy or casual with the simple change of lipstick color. A LBD can go from day (with a light pink lip stain) to-night (with a bold, deep red lip) seamlessly.
There’s nothing sleeker, more minimalist, and easier to pull off that an all-black outfit, so dare to go all black !